Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Blumera Bags Inspired By The Beauty of Travel

Drawn by bright colors and the sensual textures of India, Blumera creator Mehera Blum says her passion and love for travel inspires her designs. “I am inspired by the world around me, and most particularly by nature,” explains Blum.

Haute Travels caught up with Blum in Atlanta during the High Museum of Art’s fundraiser, Catwalk Meets Canvas at Mercedes-Benz in Buckhead last week. I had to ask Blum about her love for travel and her haute travel bags.

“Travel is one of the biggest components for my inspiration to create because it has given me the exposure to see inside humanity at large. Since I was a little girl, I wanted to travel the world, learn new languages, eat exotic food, and hear music native to foreign lands. Traveling in and of itself to me is a creative process. I never want to be a tourist; wherever I go I become a local and it is from this vantage point that I design. I assimilate into the culture and design from whatever the talents and skills of that land are. I seek the natural beauty of the land, the people, and the sights and sounds that I hear and see,” says Blum.
The Blumera line “boasts versatile collections with refined detail and stunning material— assuring quality and long life.” The Blumera travel bags are designed exclusively for the woman who expresses her unique individuality making them the must-have accessory for the girl who dances to her own beat.

“The travel bags are lined in Blumera signature silk that is hand-dyed and screened. With hand-carved hardware, right down to the zipper pulls, no detail is spared. Elegant as well as practical, the travel bag opens completely by a dual zipper-pull. With interior pockets for toiletries, it is the perfect weekender or carry-on,” explains Blum.

And then there’s the travel clutch for the girl who keeps it all together!

“The travel clutch is sophisticated, beautiful, and extremely versatile. A wallet by day and an evening bag by night, the interior pockets fit everything! There are pockets and clips for your keys, phone (including iPhone or Blackberry), lipstick, pen, checkbook, plane ticket, passport, and separate sections for different currencies when traveling to many countries at a time,” adds Blum. “The number one reason the bags are haute—they’re completely made by hand with LOVE.”

To learn more about Blumera visit http://www.blumera.com/

Celebrities who carry Blumera: Paris Hilton, Jessica Alba and Eva Mendes

What do you think about Blumera?

Photo Courtesy: Blumera
 
Blumera Bags Inspired By The Beauty of Travel @ Travel News Proudly Powered by Blogger